INVITATION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION AND FINANCIAL BID:
The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), a parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Transportation (FMOT) with Headquarters at Lokoja, Kogi State in line with the Public Procurement Act, 2007 hereby invites reputable and experienced contractors to submit Tender (Technical & Financial) for the under-listed projects in the year 2016 Budget Appropriation.
(A) SURVEY WORKS PROJECTS
Lot 1: Control Extension on Navigable Inland Waterways (Coastal Areas)
Lot 2: River Training Works on Navigable Inland Waterways
Lot 3: Topographic and Bathymetric Surveys
(B) SUPPLY OF ICT EQUIPMENT
Lot 1: Supply and Installation of IT Equipment
Lot 2: Provision of Wireless Connectivity
Lot 3: Provision of Internet Facilities/Bandwidth Subscription in NIWA Headquarters and Area Offices
SCOPES OF WORK
Details of scope of works for all the projects above shall be provided in the Tender (Bidding) documents.
- Evidence of Incorporation/Registration with CAC;
- Evidence of Corporate registration with SURCON(Survey Projects);
- Company’s Current Tax Clearance for the last 3 years (i.e. 2013-2015);
- Company’s Audited Account for the last 3 years (2013-2015) Certified by Chartered Accountant/Auditor;
- VAT Registration (copy of certificate required) and Evidence of remittance in the last 3 years to be attached;
- Evidence of financial capacity to execute the project and bank reference supporting such claim;
- Evidence of registration on the Database of Contracts, Consultants and Services providers by inclusion of the Interim Registration Report (IRR) issued by BPP i line with provisions of Section 5(h) of the PPA, 2007;
- Evidence of similar, verifiable and successfully executed projects or on-going by the company with Letters of Award and completion certificates i.e. the last 5 years. Letters of Award and Interim Certificates of payment should be attached for projects that are on-going;
- Evidence of compliance certificate in line with the provision of section 6 (10 (3) of the amended Industrial Training Fund (ITF) act no. 19 of 2011;
- Current certificate of compliance issued by the National Pension Commission, in line with Pension Reform Act, 2004;
- List of equipment owned or on leasehold by the company relevant for the execution of the project (evidence of ownership and pictures with Company logo is and added advantage);
- Detailed Company Profile;
- A statement of declaration of Affidavit attesting to the fact that none of the bidder’s company Directors/Principal Officers has been convicted of any criminal offenses/confirmation of legal capacity to enter contract. Also, the affidavit must affirm that all information presented in the Tender are true and correct of the company, and no officer off the Authority is a former or present director, shareholder or has pecuniary interest in the bid.
COLLECTION/SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to pay a non-refundable fee ₦20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira only) in Bank draft made payable in favour of “National Inland Waterways Authority” to enable company collect Tender (Technical & financial Bid) documents from the Procurement Unit.
Completed Prequalification and Financial Bid Documents should be written in English Language, signed, sealed and marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and packaged separately and together in one large envelop. Each envelope should be clearly marked accordingly to indicate prequalification and Financial Bid with “project Title respectively and address to:
The Managing Director,
National Inland Waterways Authority
Headquarters, Adankolo New Layout, Lokoja, Kogi State.
CLOSING TENDER DOCUMENTS
All Tender (technical and Financial) documents should be hand-delivered into “Tender Box” at the NIWA Headquarters, not later than 12:00noon on Tuesday 29th November 2016, The submission register must be signed at the point of submission.
OPENING OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Only Technical documents shall be opened on Tuesday 29th November 2016 immediately after closure of submission at 12;000 noon at the conference Hall of NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja. All Bidders and/or their representatives, relevant professional bodies and NGOs are invited to witness the opening exercise.
Only companies who were adjudged successful in the Technical Evaluation shall have their Financial bids opened at a date to be communicated to those concerned.
- Submission of Tender documents to NIWA is neither a commitment nor an obligation to award contract to any contractor or his agent;
- Advertisement for invitation for prequalification and Financial Bid should not be construed as a commitment on the part of NIWA or shall it entitle any contractor to make claim whatever or seek any indemnity from NIWA;
- Due diligence would be observed as all documented claims by the contractors are subject to verification;
- NIWA reserves the right to take final decision on any of the documents received for this tender process;
- Late submission of Tender shall be rejected.
- Tenderers are to provide Evidence of registration with SURCON for Survey projects.
- This advertisement generally is to be read in conjunction with the soliciting document to be issued upon the purchase of Tender
- Original documents submitted for this Tender should be available for sighting on demand in course of the procurement process.
General Manager, (Procurement)