INVITATION TO TENDER FOR PROJECTS CONTAINED IN THE YEAR 2017 BUDGET APPROPRIATION
The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), a Parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Transportation (FMOT) with Headquarters at Lokoja, Kogi State in line with the Public Procurement Act, 2007 hereby invites reputable and experienced Contractors to submit Tenders for the under-listed projects contained in year 2017 Budget Appropriation.
i. Procurement and Installation of Buoys on River Niger Lot 1.
ii. Dredging of Turning Basin (Baro) Lot 2.
iii. River Training Works by Dredging Option from Baro (Ajaokuta – Idah) Lot 3.
iv. River Training Works by Dredging Option from Baro (Idah – Ilushi) Lot 4.
v. River Training Works by Dredging Option from Baro (Ilushi – Illah) Lot 5.
vi. River Training Works by Dredging Option from Baro (Illah – Onitsha) Lot 6.
vii. Sweeping of Calabar Water Front – Lot 7.
viii. Construction of two (2) Bed room Bungalows Lot 8.
ix. Construction of one (1) Bed room Bungalows Lot 9.
x. Construction of Fencing/Access Road (Baro Port) Lot 10.
xi. Connection of Baro Port Complex to the National Electricity Grid – Lot 11.
xii. Shore Protection Work (Berger Jetty, Ajaokuta) Lot 12.
xiii. Dredging of River Umuakwu in Isiala Ngwa Abia State Lot 13.
xiv. Channelization of River Umuakwu in Isiala Ngwa Abia State Lot 14.
xv. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Adamawa State) Lot 15.
xvi. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Anambra State) Lot 16.
xvii. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Bayelsa State) Lot 17.
xviii. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Benue State) Lot 18.
xix. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Delta State) Lot 19.
xx. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Kebbi State) Lot 20.
xxi. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Ogun State) Lot 21.
xxii. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Ondo State I) Lot 22.
xxiii. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Ondo State II) Lot 23.
xxiv. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Edo State ) Lot 24.
xxv. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Kogi State ) Lot 25.
xxvi. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Lagos a State ) Lot 26.
xxvii. Manual Clearing of Water Hyacinth and Aquatic Weeds (Taraba State ) Lot 27.
xxviii. Construction of Building (Makurdi Area Office ) Lot 28.
xxix. Construction of Building (Yola Area Office) Lot 29.
xxx. Rehabilitation of Building (Porthcourt Area Office) Lot 30.
xxxi. Rehabilitation of Building (Lagos Area Office) Lot 31.
xxxii. Rehabilitation of Building(Lokoja Dockyard) Lot 32.
xxxiii. Rehabilitation of Building (Warri Dockyard) Lot 33.
xxxiv. Extension of Retaining Wall and Rehabilitation of Jetty (Lokoja Dockyard) Lot 34.
xxxv. Construction of Community Hall with Land Scaping (Lokoja) Lot 35.
xxxvi. Bathymetric Survey (Baro to Lokoja) Lot 36.
xxxvii. Bathymetric Survey (Baro, Lokoja to Onyedega) Lot 37.
xxxviii. Bathymetric Survey (Baro, Onyedega to Onitsha) Lot 38
xxxix. Bathymetric Survey (Baro, Onitsha to Bifurcation) Lot 39.
xl. Procurement and Installation of Anchorages on River Niger and Forcados Lot 40.
xli. Procurement /Installation of Internet Services in Thirteen (13) NIWA Area Offices Lot 41.
xlii. Procurement /Installation of Internet Services in Three (3) NIWA Area Offices Lot 42.
i. Procurement of 500T Dumb Barge (Lot 43).
ii. Procurement of 800T Dump Barge (Lot 44).
iii. Procurement of 1000T Dump Barge(Lot 45).
iv. Procurement of Fuel/Water Supply Barge (Lot 46).
v. Procurement of Geo – Informatics Equipment (Lot 47).
i. Computerization of NIWA Accounting System Lot 48.
ii. Baro Port Training & Capacity Building of NIWA Staff, River Users & Stakeholders (South East/South South) Lot 49.
iii. Baro Port Training & Capacity Building of NIWA Staff, River Users & Stakeholders (South West/North Central) Lot 50.
iiii. Baro Port Training & Capacity Building of NIWA Staff, River Users & Stakeholders (North West/North East) Lot 51.
5.0. SCOPE OF WORKS
Details of the Scope of Works for all the projects above shall be provided in the Tender (Bidding) documents.
6.0. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Evidence of Incorporation/Registration with CAC;
- Company’s Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last 3 years (ie 2014-2016);
- Company’s Audited Account for the last 3 years (2014-2016) Certified by Chartered Accountant/Auditor;
- Evidence of Financial Capability and Banking Support (Bank Reference from a reputable bank)
- Evidence of Registration on the Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service providers by inclusion of the Interim Registration Report (IRR) issued by BPP in line with provision of Section V (23) (3e) of the PPA, 2007;
- Evidence of Compliance Certificate in line with the provision of Section 6 (10) (3) of the amended Industrial Training fund (ITF) Act No.19 of 2011;
- Current Certificate of Compliance issued by the National Pension Commission, in line with the Pension Reform Act, 2004;
- Evidence of current Registration with the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).
6.1. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Corporate profile of firm including CV’s of key personnel, registered address, functional email address and GSM Phone numbers (s);
- Evidence of similar verifiable and successfully executed projects or ongoing by the Company with Letters of Award and Completion Certificates (ie the last 5 years),
- List of equipment owned or on leasehold by the Company relevant for the execution of the project (for works projects only and evidence of ownership with pictures and Company Logo is an added advantage).
- The Original Equipment Manufacturers’ representation or Authorization letter should be included for the Supply of Equipment (Lots 43 to 46);
- A sworn affidavit affirming that all information presented in the Tender are true and correct of the Company, and no officer of the Authority is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bid;
- A statement of declaration of Affidavit attesting to the fact that none of the bidders’ Company Directors/Principal Officers has ever been convicted for any criminal offences/ confirmation of legal Capacity to enter contract.
7.0. COLLECTION/SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to pay a non-refundable fee of N25,000.00 (Twenty Five Thousand Naira only in favour of “National Inland Waterways Authority” through REMITA ( i.e. www.remita.net ) for Tender Documentation and obtain a Printout to enable Company collect the Tender (Technical & Financial Bid) documents from the Procurement Unit, NIWA HQ Lokoja.
The Completed Prequalification, Expression of Interest and Technical/Financial Bid Documents should be written in English Language, signed, sealed and marked “CONFIDENTIAL”. Each envelope should be clearly marked accordingly to indicate PREQUALIFICATION or EXPRESSION OF INTEREST with the “Project Title” boldly indicated and addressed as indicated below while the combined Technical and Financial Tenders shall boldly indicate the ‘Project Title’ and packaged separately then enclosed in one large envelop addressed to:
The Managing Director,
National Inland Waterways Authority,
Headquarters, Adankolo New Layout, Lokoja, Kogi State.
The Tender Register must be signed at the point of submission.
8.0 SUBMISSION OF TENDERS
Prospective Bidders should note that:
- Submissions for Lots 1 to 6 shall be for PREQUALIFICATION of bidders. All Prequalification documents should be hand delivered into the “Tender Box” at the NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja not later than 12:00noon on Monday 28th August, 2017. Only successful bidders from the prequalification exercise shall be invited to submit financial proposals for these projects at a later date to be communicated.
- Submissions for Lots 7 to 47, shall be for combined technical and financial tenders. All Tender (Technical and Financial) documents should be hand-delivered into the “Tender Box” at the NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja not later than 12:00noon on Wednesday 20th September, 2017.
- Submissions for Lots 48 to 51 shall be for EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) with the Project Title and Lot Number boldly written on the Envelope. All EOI documents should be hand-delivered into the “Tender Box” at the NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja not later than 12:00noon on Monday 28th August, 2017. Only successful Bidders from the Expression of Interest Exercise shall be issued Request for Proposals (Rfp) for the Projects.
9.0 OPENING OF TENDERS
- Prequalification documents and Expression of Interest (EOI) shall be opened on Monday 28th August, 2017 whereas only Technical documents from the combined Financial and Technical submissions shall be opened on Wednesday 20th September, 2017 respectively immediately after the closure of submission of bids at 12:00 noon at the Conference Hall of NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja. Bidders should further note that for the combined technical and financial submissions, the Financial proposals should be denominated in Naira, and only Tenders that were adjudged successful in the Technical Evaluation, shall have their Company’s Financial Tenders opened at a date to be communicated to those concerned.
- Bidders and/or their Representatives, relevant Professional Bodies and NGOs are invited to witness the Opening exercise accordingly.
- Submission of Tender documents to NIWA is neither a commitment nor an obligation to award contract to any contractor or his agent;
- Advertisement for invitation for Prequalification, Technical and Financial Bid and Expression of Interest should not be construed as a commitment on the part of NIWA or shall it entitle any contractor to make any claim whatever or seek any indemnity from NIWA;
- Due diligence would be observed as all documented claims by the Contractors are subject to verification;
- NIWA reserves the right to take final decision on any of the documents received for this Tender process;
- Original documents submitted for this Tender should be available for sighting on demand in the course of the procurement process;
- All requirements above should be read in conjunction with other requirements contained in the Tender documents;
- Late submission of Tender shall be rejected.
S. D. LAWAL